WELCOME

Welcome to the Rofling Officer Productions blog, where you will mainly find extremely cynical reviews by a British Stereotype (usually with my good friend, John Smith). These reviews will most often be of games and films, but also have a few little projects.

Logo

Logo

Friday, 13 May 2011

The Ricky Gervais Show

When this first came on TV I didn't give a shit about it, in fact I was hostile to it. Anyone who thinks Ricky Gervais is funny is more stupid than a man reciting a conspiricy theory while voting Labour. I've always hated him, so full of himself, the prick. Who would want to watch a TV show about him?

I recently tuned in to the second season, and oh boy, I had no idea what I was missing. The show never ever fails to have me pissing myself laughing by the end. When I first put it on I realised that it wasn't actually about Ricky Gervais at all, and more about the wonderful world of Karl Pilkington. When I found this out I was thrilled, having recently only just mopped up the piss around my sofa after watching An Idiot Abroad. Karl is hilarious, and seems to me to be a prophet, he has such brilliant theories.

Anyway, I love sections like Karl's Diary, that's always hilarious, just tapping into the mind of the greatest genius since Albert Einstein is not only very funny, but strangely insightful.

One slight complaint I have is that sometimes the cartoons feel a little boring and generic, and they don't add much to the podcast at times like this. This doesn't happen all the time, however, and usually the cartoons are not only funny but also demonstrate what the hell Karl is on about.

Alright, I know this was a short review, but there really isn't much to say about it. It's hilarious yes, but that's about it. It isn't revolutionary and I know I'll forget about it in 5 years or whatever, but I for one am going to enjoy it while I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment